MOUNT KERINCI - 3,805 M
Mount Kerinci is the highest volcano in Indonesia. It’s located in Jambi province on Sumatera Island and is part of the Kerinci Seblat National Park in Bukit Barisan Mountains. It is home to the endangered species of Sumatran Tiger. Besides the mountain, it also has beautiful lakes in the vicinity. One of the most popular is Gunung Tujuh Lake surrounded by the pristine jungle of the national park, perfect habitat for many animals and of course the Sumatran Tiger.
July 4 - 7, 2019
PRICE PER PERSON
IDR 4,500,000 /per pax
min. 4 person
IDR 4,250,000 /per pax
min. 5 person
IDR 4,000,000 /per pax
min. 6 - 7 person
IDR 3,800,000 /per pax
min. 8 - 9 person
IDR 3,650,000 /per pax
min. 10 person
Mount Kerinci is the highest volcano in Indonesia. It’s located in Jambi province on Sumatera Island and is part of the Kerinci Seblat National Park in Bukit Barisan Mountains. It is home to the endangered species of Sumatran Tiger. Besides the mountain, it also has beautiful lakes in the vicinity. One of the most popular is Gunung Tujuh Lake surrounded by the pristine jungle of the national park, perfect habitat for many animals and of course the Sumatran Tiger. Climbing to Mount Kerinci started from Kresik Tuo Village, 6 to 7 hours away from Padang by car or bus. Normally, it takes 3 days to climb Mount Kerinci all the way to the summit and back to Kresik Tuo. But it can also be done in 2 days. Kerinci terrain consist of thick jungle and can get muddy and slippery even if there are only mild drizzles, which may occur occasionally even during the dry season. Kerinci Seblat National Park can offer more to explore as it also have Mount Seblat, that even many people almost didn’t recognize it. Mount Seblat was rarely climbed, and also Gunung Tujuh with its beautiful lake.
- DAY 1
- Padang-Kresik Tuo Meeting point at Padang in the morning. Our guide will pick you up at the airport or any other place agreed upon, and we will go to Kresik Tuo by vehicle that will take 6-7 hours. Lunch en route. Stay overnight in villa.
- DAY 2
- Kresik Tuo-Pintu Rimba-Shelter 3 After breakfast, we will start the day. First, we take a truck from the villa to Pintu Rimba where we will start trekking. Mount Kerinci will be straightforward, the route going steep up from the start. As we enter the jungle, it will be wet and humid. The route eroded by water making it slippery. In rain, the water flowing on the route. It will take 6-8 hours to Shelter 3 where we will camp tonight. Shelter 3 is the border between jungle and the volcanic dome of Mount Kerinci.
- DAY 3
- Shelter 3-Summit-Kresik Tuo We start at 3 am to the summit. Wake up an hour before for preparation. There will be hot drinks and light meals to fill up energy. The trek will be sand and scree for around 2-3 hours to the summit. The view of Kerinci-Seblat National Park in the vicinity will be magnificent from the top. Then we will descend to camp for a couple hours rest, late breakfast, and packing because we will go back straight to Kresik Tuo today. Stay overnight in villa.
- DAY 4
- Kresik Tuo-Padang Go back to Padang by vehicle, or you can have additional trip to Gunung Tujuh Lake.
- Transportation Padang-Kresik Tuo round trip by private vehicle
- Transfers to Pintu Rimba round trip
- Meals for the whole program
- Two nights’ accommodation (twin share) at Kresik Tuo
- Trekking permits
- Indonesia Expeditions guide
- Cook & Porters
- Sleeping tents, Dining tents, Tables & Chairs
- Inflatable mattress
- Fuel, stove, and cutlery
- First aid kit
- Transportation to Padang round trip
- Meals & Accommodation in Padang
- Additional trip to Gunung Tujuh Lake
- Personal natural expense (laundry, telephone, etc)
- Personal equipment
- Personal insurance
The trek on Mount Kerinci is very steep. You need to be fit enough to get to the summit. Focus your train on cardiovascular capability. You can do running two to three times a week for 45 minutes to an hour per session. Running on a route that have elevation gain will be a lot better, or use treadmill if there’s no such terrain in your hometown. You can change one of your running sessions in a week with cycling or swimming and especially you need to do also stair climbing with at least 10kg pack. It will be a good cross training. Besides that, muscle training is advisable. Strengthen your upper and lower body muscle, as well core muscle. You can do it at the gym or do your own set of push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, plank, etc. You need to train 3 months prior to the expedition. It will increase the rate of success.
|1||Trekking boots||1 pair|
|3||Trekking Pole||1 pair|
|4||Wool or Synthetic socks||2 pair|
|5||Liner socks||2 pair|
|6||Trekking shirts (polyester/quick dry)||3|
|8||Soft Shell Jacket/puffy||1|
|9||Rain Jacket & pants||1|
|12||Buff (amount based on preferences)||2|
|14||Lightweight synthetic gloves||1 pair|
|16||Sleeping bag 5-10°C||1|
|17||Headlamp with spare batteries||1|
|18||Sunscreen, SPF 40 or better||1|
|19||Lip screen, SPF 30||1|
|20||1 Litre water bottle or water bladder||1|
|21||1 Litre thermos||1|
|23||Large Duffel Bag||1|
|24||First aid kit and special medications (if any)||1|